farthest south SUMMARY
Kayaking the Borchgrevink Coast, Antarctica
After their groundbreaking traverse of the Antarctic Peninsula by kayak in 2001 the Adventure Philosophy team are set to return to the Frozen Continent, this time to the much colder and much further south Ross Sea region. From the furthest south that the Southern Ocean reaches the team will attempt, in kayaks, to negotiate the dangerous ice pack and paddle 900kms along the world’s most southern coastline, the Borchgrevink Coast.
This unlikely objective can be contemplated only in a narrow window of time in the Austral summer (January) when Antarctica’s iron gates of sea ice open just enough to allow the possibility of small-boat passage. This expedition will use the attention grabbing incongruity of paddling sea kayaks in semi-frozen waters, launching from the point Scott’s South Pole expedition departed from, to raise awareness of the effects of climate change on the Antarctic continent and encourage humans to embrace initiatives to reduce carbon emissions and embrace renewable energy.
In Jan-March 2012, in an expedition that can be followed online, the New Zealand Adventure Philosophy team of Graham Charles, Mark Jones and Marcus Waters will embark on this world-class adventure. You can be part of this historic expedition.
With three full-length documentaries, two expedition books, countless news and magazine stories – the award winning team is a sponsor’s dream capable of generating enormous media exposure. As professional speakers, writers and smart guys the team has the credibility to command public interest and respect.
We are looking for corporate and media sponsors who share the spirit of adventure and embrace exploration, and human endeavour.
• Potential naming rights of the expedition.
• Feature article in NZ Geographic magazine 20 pages through one or two issues.
• Article, magazine and website coverage in Outside Magazine USA.
• Full color book. (currently working on a co-published deal with NZ and USA).
• Links and promotion on Adventure Philosophy website.
• Video documentary film (we don’t have a film deal at this stage but we will make a
• Articles in a range of other Nth American, NZ and other magazines after Outside and
NZ Geographic have published their • pieces (Sea Kayaker, NZ Kayak, Wilderness)
• Articles in any preferred magazines sponsor can assist us with.
• Lecture circuit.
• Lectures and representation at any events required by sponsor.
• Equipment endorsement with any gear suppliers and photographic material as required.
• Live feeds, interviews and/or updates to sponsor sites or media representatives.
• Human resource training opportunities
• Coaching in any disciplines (mountaineering, whitewater kayaking, outdoor education,
rock climbing, leadership, slalom kayaking, risk management)
• Promotion/endorsement of product at any retailer/industry shows
• Presentations/endorsement to any industry related people required (manufacturers, retailers)
We welcome the opportunity to discuss this project with you.
Please contact Mark Jones, email: email@example.com,
call +64 9 917 9999 ext7272 03 +64 21 0344 197.
Stay in the loop on this expedition by looking us up on Facebook!